Construction Superintendent – Sudbury Ontario
The future you want is within reach.
At PCL, we build the places where life happens and find camaraderie in the process. We’re a community of builders committed to building better communities. That’s why we’re always looking ahead, and not just to the next project or what’s next in our industry.
We’re also looking at what’s next for you and how we can help you build a career you’re proud of. Sudbury offers many opportunities to achieve your goals in a pristine setting that’s second to none.
As a Superintendent for our Sudbury Office in Sudbury, Ontario, you will contribute to our team by:
- Working with the project manager to ensure implementation of PCL’s safety program, including integrating PCL’s safety program into all site plans and procedures and adhering to all safety and record-keeping requirements.
- Supervising, directing, coaching, training, and mentoring the project team, including direct and indirect reports.
- Effectively communicating and collaborating with own forces and trades and ensures that performance, productivity, quality, schedules, and safety requirements are met.
- Proactively identifying, managing, and resolving potential problems, work conflicts, and/or schedule challenges. Contributing to development and implementation of a recovery plan and working with the project team to anticipate and resolve issues
- Visualizing and conveying vision of an entire project, identifying and driving the project schedule’s critical path.
- Communicating, liaising and developing relationships with workforce, clients, subcontractors and trades while also presenting at client meetings
- Overseeing and managing the development and implementation of Project Execution Plan (PEP) and lookahead schedules while ensuring compliance with budget and quality
- Reviewing and understanding the contract and subcontracts, and developing a plan that identifies and mitigates risks and maximizes opportunities
- Understanding project labor agreements and building relationships with union and labor representatives.
- Supporting project pursuits and presentation teams at bid.
- Maintaining project administration correspondence and complying with documentation requirements.
- Other duties as required.
What you will bring to the role:
- A journeyman certificate or postsecondary diploma/degree in engineering or a related discipline
- 15 years of construction-related experience directly related to successfully supervising a construction workforce
- Experience in underground and mining as asset
- NCSO designation or Gold Seal
- In-depth knowledge of the construction industry and company operations specifically construction specifications, building materials, methods and procedures.
- Ability to manage projects with values of $50-100M.
- Understanding and ability to coordinate multiple scopes of a construction project including scheduling, monitoring and coordinator workforce and trade contractors
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, virtual construction software, scheduling software and tools
- Experience in mitigating grievance and employee relations issues
- Ability to lead and run effective site meetings with clients, consultants, trades, workforce and internal employees
- Understanding of productivity rates or own forces work, Labour Cost Reports and ability to interpret cost reports.
- In-depth knowledge of safety and environmental principles and legislation with experience in implementing a strong safety culture
PCL is an innovative, employee-owned company comprised of people who find passion in their profession and take pride in doing great work every day. Our work powers the infrastructure and utilities that are essential to daily life and our projects are the scene of vacations, careers, education and healing. We are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for because we are committed to supporting and developing our teams.
The PCL Companies celebrate diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or veteran status.
Should you require an accommodation during the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the position and location you are interested in.
Together, we can build success and a better future. Let’s get started!
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please visit https://careers.pcl.com/ca/en to apply!