Coordinator, Document Control – Yellowknife, NT
Coordinator, Document Control
- Be part of a global mining organization with a strong focus on safety
- Work with an exceptional team of operations and maintenance people
- Role based in Yellowknife, NT
About the role
We are looking for a Coordinator, Document Control who will be responsible for development, implementation and management of operational administration and document control systems to maximize efficiency and meet changing business needs.
Working on a 4 days on site (Lac de Gras) /3 days off rotation and reporting to the Supervisor, Business Support, you will:
System Support & Management
- Documentum (WebTop and RM)
- System Admin Management (includes management of Documentum Admin inbox for errors and troubleshooting)
- User access maintenance (includes managed profiles)
- Auditing service providing billing
- System Training
- QA approvals for SOP’s, Policies, and Forms & Templates
- Management of Change system (MOC)
- QA approvals
- Filing of TBRA’s
- Coordinator for system upgrades and modifications
- Yearly Audits to ensure close out of requests
- Provides system training
- System Administrator for user access and training
- Filing of FWI (Field Work Inquires)
- Log and distribute – Incoming/ outgoing site mail
- Maintain site and Corp TV displays
- Meet conformance of HSEQMS Standards for Document Control and Management of Change (MOC) (includes any related guidance, reference documentation, training etc.)
- Manage document control aspect for administration of the business intranet/extranet for the purpose of sharing controlled documents
- DDMI Retention Schedule – management, ensure compliance (per Rio Tinto schedule), seek amendments as needed
- Intranet Support (upcoming changes will require support once the new system is implemented – ex: QA management
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- Qualification in a related field is required
- Two years’ experience in a systems support role
- Experience in document control or record management
- Three or more years of related experience is preferred
- Proficient with all Microsoft office applications
- Experience with Sharepoint or Work Space, will be highly regarded
- Excellent oral, written and active-listening skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively resolve problems and make sound decisions
Experience working in a cross-cultural environment, coupled with knowledge of the unique challenges and opportunities presented to those living in the North, are assets. Hiring priority will be given to qualified applicants who are beneficiaries of the DDMI Participation Agreement Groups and to qualified applicants residing in the Northwest Territories and Nunavut Territories. Members must clearly identify their status on the online job application and resume if they wish to receive priority consideration.
Where you will be working
Located in the Northwest Territories of Canada, the Diavik Diamond Mine is a producer of gem-quality diamonds. At Diavik, a strong focus is placed on protecting the local environment, as well as supporting communities through employment and education.
We offer an attractive remuneration package including a range of Rio Tinto benefits, as well as the sought after opportunity to develop and expand upon your knowledge and experience with a world leader in the industry.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminum and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore, coal and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You’ll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
So if this sounds like you and the opportunity you are looking for, apply now.
If you are looking for change, a new career and would like to work for a successful global organization, join us today.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
Closing Date: April 4th, 2019
Applications: www.riotinto.com/careers RITM3039800