Cigar Lake, SK
POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Cigar Lake’s environment team is responsible for the promotion, regulation and management of environmental matters at the mining operation. In this role you will be responsible for management of the daily activities of the environment department by providing guidance, leadership and priority setting of team goals, as well as developing and delivering technical training to environment technicians and site employees as required.
You will provide oversight and support for all environmental monitoring programs, including preparation of the reports for compliance with these programs, as well as prepare and review internal and external reports prior to their submission to regulatory agencies. In addition, you will liaise with site departments with respect to environmental issues, concerns and compliance, while ensuring that all environmental incidents and non-conformances are tracked and investigated.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Requirements of the position:
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in environmental science/management or related sciences
- Eight years of relevant work experience including field work, technical report writing and program development
- Previous supervisory experience
- Equivalent combination of education and work experience considered
- Working knowledge of environment management system (EMS) development and implementation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Work a rotational schedule and commute to site by aircraft
- Relevant professional designation
- SAP experience
- Experience with budgeting and financial management
Safety is a top priority at Cameco. Successful candidates for all safety sensitive positions must pass a substance test as a condition of employment.
- competitive pay
- superior benefits
- employee share ownership plan for all employees
- Live Better wellness program
Cameco values diversity. In keeping with this principle and our employment equity goals, we particularly encourage qualified applicants from the designated equity groups to apply.
To explore this career opportunity, please visit www.camecocareers.com. Deadline for applications is July 20, 2017. Please quote competition number 27049.