Customer Support Manager (Job 50738646 )
Achieves marketing unit product support and customer/dealer satisfaction goals for a geographic area of responsibility by developing channel partner technical and customer support capability, preempting and resolving technical and/or parts issues impacting machine performance and uptime, developing and maintaining customer relationships, delivering channel partner/customer training, and by administering product warranty and other reimbursement policies. Serves as a content expert in an area of specialization and assumes project/team leadership role and mentors future field managers. This position is a home-based office position and is located in the Edmonton, Alberta area.
- Team member of the Hitachi Mining Division (HMD) with a territory specific responsibility as primary point of contact to provide customer/product support for the Independent Hitachi Dealer and our customers within Western Canada.
- Resolves product and performance issues with channel partners/customers and communicates with factories on appropriate issues and solutions including Customer Relationship Management and follow-up, serves as product expert/contact for assigned products.
- Serves as mentor to less experienced staff and assumes project/team/process/product leader role beyond individual territory.
- Manages efforts in developing channel partner’s product support capabilities (Service ADVISOR, Dealer Technical Assistance Center, Tools, Facilities, Warranty Administration) to improve customer satisfaction
- Promotes sale of service parts and services to channel partners and end users and is ultimately accountable for meeting parts sales goals and market share goals.
- Manages company assets to maximize return
- Monitors channel partner performance
- Counsels channel partners on product, marketing, financial and/or management-related matters
- Delivers training to channel partners, company employees or customers and facilitates channel partner employee development by counseling them on training plans and class enrollment
- Provides marketing support to ensure product optimization via customer clinics and assisting with demonstrations and shows
- Administers Company product warranty/Product Improvement Program (PIP) policies and resolves other reimbursement issues
- Works with other divisions to maintain a good working relationship between channel partners and the Company to maximize enterprise objectives
- Develops channel partners service management/profitability capabilities
- Tracks and reports competitive performance
- Knowledge of dealers and other channels
- Knowledge of dealer product support capacity and competencies
- Understanding of Customer Support Process
- Skill in interpersonal communications, negotiation and conflict resolution
- Broad based business, sales and marketing skills.
- Knowledge of heavy machinery dealer business practices, ideally including the practices followed at John Deere and Hitachi dealerships.
- Willing to travel into difficult environments and/or for extended periods of time.
- Maintain training and certifications required to visit mine sites in the United States and Canada
- Ability to work evenings, nights, and weekends as required
- Ability to travel 50% ~ 75% of the time
- University Degree (preferably in an Engineering/Business/Marketing discipline).
- Technical skills and knowledge or Mechanical / Electrical Engineering experience
- Knowledge of construction and mining products, customers, markets, and competitors
- Marketing and customer acquisition/customer support process experience
- Field experience with regular customer contact, knowledge of dealer/distribution network, and broad product knowledge
- A strong candidate will have surface mining knowledge and or experience.
In accordance with the John Deere Accommodation Policy, reasonable accommodation of any of these qualifications may be considered.
This position will be posted for a minimum of 7 business days and unposted when a qualified pool of candidates is achieved.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
An equal opportunity employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.
To Apply: please visit the website and apply directly on-line: Posting Expires October 10, 2017