DATA SCIENTIST – Dowling, ON
The Data Scientist leverages client facing business analyst expertise to collaborate with the functional areas of the business and technical IT/ERP teams. The Data Scientist is a subject matter expert using data science/analysis to improve existing systems and bring meaningful high-quality data intelligence to business leaders to assist them in making strategic decisions. The role requires an individual with data science and strong senior level database skills.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Use Data Science to become the “Data Subject Matter Expert” and bring visibility to areas of business opportunity and improvements to technical and business leadership
- Provides senior level support of the software product installation, configuration, maintenance, upgrade, user account administration, troubleshooting, system/database monitoring, capacity planning and performance tuning for production, development, test and training databases.
- Develops methodologies and techniques for the ongoing assessment of data systems performance, capacity monitoring, problem notification to mobile devices, e-mail, and/or on-line reporting environment
- Perform evaluation, installation, configuration, maintenance and upgrades of hardware, software and related management tools.
- Leads technical project teams to determine requirements, examine data flow, research and evaluate software, build logical and physical database architecture, develop and/or acquire, implement, maintain databases and provide technical and business support for application software and information solutions to meet client and business user requirements.
- Provides senior level technical expertise and consultation in the area of database administration/system architecture to business users and other technical staff to ensure consistent database architecture through adherence to proper logical and physical database design techniques, data integrity and data security.
- Collaborate with business leaders and users to gather requirements and develop via reporting changes
- Continuous improvement of processes and systems to monitor data quality, ensuring production data is always accurate and available for key stakeholders and business processes that depend on it.
- Design and develop reports to provide system intelligence to end-users
- Convert legacy reports and interpret business logic
- Contribute to definition and maintenance of reporting standards
- Develop SSRS and other reports and dashboards
- Collaborate with development teams to deliver integrated solutions
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed and instructed by management.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5-7 years of related business intelligence experience
- Experience with SQL Server 2014/2019 and SSRS 2014/2019
- Development experience with C-family languages (C, C++, C#)
- Experience with Microsoft Access would be considered an asset
- Strong background in mathematics or statistics
- PMP/Business Analysis Certification would be considered an asset (CBAP, PMI-BA, PMP)
- Experience working in an ISO 9001 environment would be considered an asset
- Experience with software development lifecycle tools and approaches (e.g. version control, automated testing, pull request submission and review, Agile methodologies).
- Experience in an IoT environment
- Focus on quality and performance while being able to deliver on time
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to speak both technically and non-technically to varying audiences
- Calm and focused under pressure
- Analytical mindset and excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt, prioritize, think ahead and anticipate problems, issues and solutions.
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail and ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables
- Aptitude for continuous improvement and learning
- Positive Attitude
Working Conditions & Physical Demands
- Manual dexterity is required for desktop computer and peripherals
- General office environment
- Ability to sit for extended periods
Click here to apply: https://www.hard-line.com/career-opportunities/data-scientist/