Panoramic PGMs (Canada) Limited (“Panoramic”) is looking for a Database/GIS Geologist with specific experience with Micromine, GeoBank (a database software product linked with Micromine), and MapInfo. Knowledge of Resource Modeling, Geosoft, SQL, and a variety of presentation software would be useful as would QA/QC experience. The position is not purely office-based and will entail exploration field work as required (drill supervision, core logging, geological mapping, etc.) which will require a reasonable level of physical fitness and mobility.
- Managing the Panoramic Geological, Geophysical, and Geochemical Database in GeoBank;
- Preparing and managing detailed, high quality 3D geological models in Micromine;
- Preparing, managing, and plotting of plan, cross-section, and longitudinal maps in Micromine;
- Importing, preparing, and plotting geological, geochemical, geophysical maps, etc. in MapInfo; and
- Other duties as assigned.
This will be a staff position with benefits and annual leave and will be based at Panoramic’s Canadian office located in Thunder Bay Ontario. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Panoramic PGMs (Canada) Inc. is committed to employment equity for all current and prospective employees regardless of national or ethnic origin, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or age.
Ontario-based applicants must have or be eleigible for professional designation (P.Geo.) within Ontario and non-Ontario-based applicants must be qualified to obtain professional designation with the Association of Professional Geoscientists of Ontario.
If interested in this position please contact:
Allan MacTavish M.Sc., P.Geo., VP Project Management