Director of Finance & Procurement
Titan Mining Corporation is reopening the Empire State Zinc Mine (formerly the Balmat Mine) in upstate New York near the town of Gouverneur. The necessary financing has been completed and the refurbishment of the mine and plant infrastructure in preparation for the start-up of the operation is underway. We are currently assembling our key operations team and are seeking an experienced, well-credentialed professional to fill the role of Director of Finance & Procurement. This position is based at the Empire State Mine site located approximately 10 miles from the town of Gouverneur, New York.
The role reports to the General Manager with a functional report to the CFO. The Director of Finance & Procurement will be responsible for the management and oversight of the mine’s financial reporting, accounting, purchasing, warehouse, data processing and management information systems.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to join the organization and make a significant impact while working with the senior leadership team to lead and guide excellence in financial reporting for an organization that is well-positioned for future success.
- Supervise and lead the mine site accounting and financial reporting functions as well as the mine site procurement activities.
- Oversight of general accounting, cost accounting and budgetary controls.
- Accountable for the efficiency of the warehousing activities and the reliability of mine inventory.
- Establish long term contracts for commodities/consumable.
- Budget development and reporting and analysis of actual results against the budget.
- Cash management and financial model development and maintenance.
- Production of financial statements, compliance reports and other regulatory filings on a timely basis.
- Insurance, risk management, compliance and assessments.
- Ensure adherence to corporate policies.
- Ensuring good lines of communication with site managers and corporate office with potential problems identified and communicated on a timely basis.
- Work collaboratively with the General Manager.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Required Skills, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting (CPA designation preferred).
- Experience in the mining industry preferred but not required.
- Experience with implementing an ERP system helpful.
- Experience with reporting operational results and variance analysis.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Pro-active, self-motivated, capable of leading others and delivering the work product as required in a lean environment.
- Willing to coach and mentor team members to create a highly effective team.
- Familiarity with external regulatory reporting requirements is desirable.
- Advanced Excel skills.
Interested parties should submit their cover letter and resume to:
St. Lawrence Zinc Company
408 Sylvia Lake Road
Gouverneur, NY 13642