Please login/register to apply for this job.
- Permis Général d’Explosifs or able to obtain one as soon as possible
- Drug test
- Valid drivers permit
- Able to communicate in French and/or English
Required Skills and Qualifications: (depending on location)
- Québec’s DEP (Diplôme d’études secondaires) in electricity or a DEC (Diplôme d’études collégiales) in electricity with formal trade accreditation for candidates trained in Québec
- Electrical trades certificate of competence for Industrial or Construction and Maintenance (required)
- Red Seal Certificate for applicants from other provinces
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an underground mining environment
- FMTM (Québec Underground Modules) or Ontario Hard Rock Underground Service Type Common Core
- Ability to multi task and work safely and effectively
- Ability to work efficiently as part of a team as well as independently
- Under the supervision of the Project Superintendent, the primary role of an electrician is to install, wire, maintain & perform preventive maintenance and repairs to electric equipment in surface and underground areas.
- Shops, warehouse, sub-level
- Troubleshoot and repair ventilation fans
- Lighting and electric/hydraulic equipment
- Phone systems and all mine communication systems
- PLC and other advanced or automation systems
- High Voltage and Low Voltage Power and control systems
- Assist and carry out repairs and maintenance to all underground sub-station;
- Fabricate when required electrical panels and other necessary Installation of electrical cables
- Installation of electrical apparatus
- The incumbent may also be required to work with PLC and communication systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to work independently
- Must be able to comprehend written and verbal instructions as required to perform his duties in a safe and efficient manner
- Must be capable of reading & understanding electrical drawings
- Must have a good knowledge and understanding of the applicable electrical code and regulations
- Must be capable of reading and interpreting basic electrical instruments and testers
- Perform safely and timely emergency repairs to equipment including troubleshooting
- Must be able to follow procedures to ensure safety and to control equipment damage
- Must be able to communicate written and verbal instructions to subordinates
- The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive
Health and Safety:
- Having the authority and responsibility to maintain a safe and efficient working environment
- Following Company health and safety standards and reporting any unsafe acts or conditions to Supervisor
- Responsible for the use and maintenance of all safety equipment, i.e. Lanyards, warning signs and labeling, according to company rules and applicable legislation.
- Responsible to ensure proper use and maintenance of personal protective equipment.
- Must have knowledge of the WHMIS legislation and know how to effectively use an MSDS sheet.
28 total views, 1 today Print Job