Electricians-Grand Cache Alberta
CTS Coal (see https://cstcoal.ca) located 20 km North on Highway 40, in Grande Cache has two full time and permanent vacancies for electricians.
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations.
- Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fiber-optic and coaxial cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and other electrical components
- Test electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage and resistance
- Maintain, repair, install and test switchgear, transformers, switchboard meters, regulators and reactors
- Maintain, repair, test and install electrical motors, generators, alternators, industrial storage batteries and hydraulic and pneumatic electrical control systems
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair industrial, electrical and electronic control systems and other related devices
- Conduct preventive maintenance programs and keep maintenance records.
- May install, maintain and calibrate industrial instrumentation and related devices.
- Electrical Maintenance and repair experience on P&H 2800 mining shovel, P&H 250 overburden drills, P&H 320 overburden drills
- Has a Canadian Red Seal of Certificate of Qualification as electrician OR be found eligible to challenge the electrician examination (which will require 6 years and 9000 hour of experience an electrician)
- Must pass Provincial Certificate of Qualification within 12 month of arrival
- Fluency in English is required
- Must be able to perform the duties listed
- Must have mining experience (open pit or above ground)
- Maintenance and repair experience on P&H 2800 mining shovel, P&H 250 overburden drills, P&H 320 overburden drills OR related mining equipment will be required (even if underground). The employer will decide if the skills and experience in other mining equipment is transferable and relevant.
Wages and Benefits
- 7 and 7, 12 hour day /night rotation.
- No camp available, you are be required to hold residence, on some level, in the town of Grande Cache for the duration of your work rotation.
- Hourly employees, required to sign on for membership with the United Mine workers of America (UMWA) for a onetime $200.00 initiation fee, and $81.63 per month.
- $43.36 per hour.
- $1.10 per hour night shift premium.
- $450.00 per year for boot/clothing allowance. ($17.31 bi weekly taxable, benefit)
- $1,1440.00 per year tool allowance ($44.00 bi-weekly, taxable benefit)
- $600.00 per month Trades Allowance ($300.00 bi weekly, taxable benefit)
- $500.00 per month Living Allowance ($250.00 bi weekly, taxable benefit)
- Medical benefits on the 1st of the month following your start date.
- 6% RSP Match program.
- Relocation reimbursement of $5000.00 payable once the employee maintains their own permanent residence in Grande Cache within 1 year of employee start date.
- Reimbursement for the actual moving expenses will be forgivable over a 12 month period, commencing on the start date of employment, at 1/12th per month of continued employment with CST Coal. If the employee is terminated by either the employee or CST Coal, the balance of the reimbursement will be owed to the company immediately.
How to Apply
Apply online at https://cstcoal.startdate.ca/#/ upload your resume, include three professional references.