POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the chief engineer, maintenance in the maintenance engineering department, your knowledge of equipment and design will be relied upon to support surface and underground operations. You will be required to solve complex technical problems using formal techniques to evaluate systems, equipment and failures. You will maximize equipment availability, reliability and performance through effective problem solving and proactive maintenance practices. This will involve developing and refining asset specific strategies to improve equipment health and to prevent or eliminate equipment failure. As well, in support of the seasonal maintenance shutdown, you will engage in planning, coordination and execution of major refurbishment work at site.
You will also be required to support site capital and expense projects ensuring project deliverables are met in the form of scope, schedule and budget.
Requirements and Qualifications
Requirements of the position:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering
- Five to seven years of relevant industry experience
- Equivalent combination of education and work experience will also be considered
- You must be eligible for registration with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan (APEGS)
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Work a rotational schedule and commute to site by aircraft
- Exposure to predictive maintenance techniques and technologies
- Experience in an underground mining environment
- Experience with computerized maintenance management system, preference for SAP experience
Preference will be given to Residents of Saskatchewan’s North (RSN).
- competitive pay
- superior benefits
- employee share ownership plan for all employees
- Live Better wellness program
Cameco values diversity. In keeping with this principle and our employment equity goals, we particularly encourage qualified applicants from the designated equity groups to apply.
To explore this career opportunity, please visit www.camecocareers.com. Deadline for applications is October 12, 2017. Please quote competition number 27285.