Cigar Lake, SK
POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You will be responsible for providing technical support, maintenance and quality assurance of Cigar Lake’s environment program. You will gather and analyse environmental data, as well as develop recommendations to help design the environmental protection aspects of technical projects. You will also ensure the proper functioning the environmental management system (EMS) and regulatory monitoring programs. You will continually monitor and analyse the program data to provide recommendations to reduce the operation’s environmental impact.
In addition, you will aid in the coordination and completion of quarterly, monthly and ad-hoc reporting, will act as primary reviewer on technical environmental reports and study designs, and will aid in the coordination of special studies and monitoring activities as required. You will also be responsible for the execution of field sampling programs, day to day management of the environmental monitoring program, and supervision of environment technicians.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Requirements of the position:
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental sciences or a related natural science
- At least five years of relevant work experience
- Equivalent combination of education and work experience considered
- Experience with environmental monitoring procedures
- Work a rotational schedule and commute to site by aircraft
- Knowledge of environmental technology in the mining and nuclear industry
- Previous supervisory experience
Safety is a top priority at Cameco. Successful candidates for all safety sensitive positions must pass a substance test as a condition of employment.
- competitive pay
- superior benefits
- employee share ownership plan for all employees
- Live Better wellness program
Cameco values diversity. In keeping with this principle and our employment equity goals, we particularly encourage qualified applicants from the designated equity groups to apply.
To explore this career opportunity, please visit www.camecocareers.com. Deadline for applications is July 11, 2017. Please quote competition number 27045.