Equity Research Associate, Gold & Precious Minerals
Equity Research Associate – Gold & Precious Minerals
Research Associates play an integral role in the Equity Research department by providing crucial assistance to our Equity Research Analysts. Individuals in this role are learning and developing the techniques and skills necessary for investment analysis and research of securities. The Research Associate works closely with the Research Analyst to develop financial forecasts and provide recommendations on particular stocks. Associates typically gain an in-depth understanding of the financial and operational issues within a particular sector, gaining valuable skills, knowledge, and relationships. This position is based in our Toronto office.
Qualifications & Skills:
- A university degree in business, engineering, geology or geophysics is required
- A CPA/CA designation is preferred
- Enrolment in/completion of the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) program would be an asset
- Work experience in a financial, accounting, analytical, corporate development or M&A capacity in the mining sector would be an asset
- Strong accounting, financial modeling, graphing, and analytical skills
- Excellent command of Microsoft Suite, with a particular emphasis on Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Capital Markets knowledge/experience would be an asset
- Experience using Bloomberg and FactSet would be an asset
- Good business judgment and decision-making skills
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet tight deadlines, sometimes for extended periods of time
- Ability to multi-task and manage several on-going projects at the same time
- Energetic, self-motivated, hardworking and detail-oriented
- Create and maintain financial models and industry databases
- Conduct in-depth industry analysis and research
- Follow market news and evaluate market data to assess short and long-term trends
- Assist in writing research publications, notes and morning comments
- Generate tables and graphs interpreting company and industry data
- Prepare marketing presentations for analyst meetings with internal and external clients
- Communicate and handle enquiries from institutional investors on the analyst’s behalf
- Interact with sales, trading and other areas of the firm within regulatory guidelines and under the analyst’s supervision
Evening and weekend work is required.
Scotiabank rewards initiative with a competitive salary and benefits package. If you are interested in being considered for this position, please forward your résumé and detailed cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Gold & Precious Minerals’ in the subject line.
The Scotiabank Group is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. We thank all candidates who apply and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.