Crosslinx Transit Solutions
90 Eglinton Avenue East, Toronto ON M4P 2Y3
Title of position: Excavator Operator
Number of positions: 3
Employees will be required to work shift, which will include evenings, and could include weekends.
Tunnel face excavation using either breaker, tunnel bucket or roadheader. Demolition of piles, shotcrete walls and piles shavings. Execution of final excavation shape avoiding over-excavation. Loading of dumper trucks inside the tunnel. Daily maintenance of the excavator. Equipment to be Operated:
- CAT 328D LCR Tunnel Excavator;
- ITC 312-N1 Tunnel Excavator & mucking machine.
Terms of employment: Full-time, project-based ending in April 2021
Wage: $46.73 per hour. Employees/Tunnel Excavtor Operators will be required to become members of Labourers International Union of North America, Local 183. (Monthly Membership Dues are $35.00 and Working Dues are 3% of Gross earnings).
- Secondary School or equivalent;
- practical training, classroom or simulation;
- English language (written and spoken)
- Minimum 10 years’ experience and training in underground digging.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in soft ground tunnel digging.
- Candidates must pass test of safety performance in operating CAT 328D LCR or ITC 312-N1
Benefits package: Employees/Members of Local 183 receive Vacation & Statutory Holiday Pay, Health & Welfare Benefits, Pension etc. Relocation assistance is provided for non-local candidates.
Location of work: Eglinton Crosstown LRT Project, Toronto, ON
How to Apply: Applications will be accepted via our job board located on our website at www.crosslinxtransit.ca – then click on “Job Opportunities”
Contact information: HR Team (416) 679.6116, ext. 52111, email@example.com (applications received via email will be instructed to apply via our website at the link above)