A precious metals company focused on discovery in Guatemala and Central America is looking to source a proven Exploration Manager to manage all exploration activities from regional generative grassroots work through to advanced drilling programs.
The company is well funded and part of a successful exploration and mining group. The initial gold and silver targets are high grade and compelling!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This impactful role will be a residential one within Guatemala and will be responsible for technical exploration, operational and administrative teams in order to progress the company’s exploration success.
The ideal individual will be a proven Exploration Manager with a track record of working in the region.
The outline of the person that would be a best fit would have;
- A record of discovery, a passion for geology and a desire to find world class orebodies
- Expat experience – with fluency in Spanish
- Demonstrated experience and ability to deal with local communities and appropriate cultural sensitivity
- Significant experience managing large drilling programs
- Strong geological background, particularly structural geology and epithermal gold silver deposit models
- An ability work with large datasets and appropriate gis and software.
- Degree in geology or similar
- Experience in Project Generation
- Development of grassroots targets through the exploration process
- Experience in field mapping, RC chip and core logging,
- Have a good understanding of project economics and evaluation
- Registered / ability to be registered as a Professional Geologist or Engineer to meet the requirements of NI 43-101 reporting
- Hand-on leader and field geologist. Not someone that is confined to an office
- Someone that can build a team, lead and mentor – take pride in a core team of top-quality nationals
- An appropriate salary and bonus package will be available to the successful candidate based on experience.
For a chance to be a pivotal part in growing and enhancing this fantastic organization whilst working alongside a quality management team, please apply now!
Apply to this posting or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org