An emerging Canadian base metal mining company with operations and a large land position in Brazil is seeking to hire a Vice President, Exploration.
The successful candidate will be based in Vancouver and Brazil and report to the Chief Geological Officer. Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing the company’s resource and reserve base and generating a steady stream of development options.
- Planning and directing the company’s exploration activities on a timely basis and within budget.
- Identifying exploration opportunities using the latest targeting and modeling technology.
- Overseeing all aspects of the exploration of the company’s projects, including monitoring budgets.
- Assuring that “Best practices” are demonstrated in all aspects of the work.
- Developing a world class exploration team with a high-performance and safety culture.
- Attracting, mentoring and training high potential junior staff.
You will possess the following experience and skill set:
- Msc or PhD Degree in this field.
- 10+ years of experience in exploration, including in mine geology, exploration in operations, and ore processing is essential.
- Base metals experience is essential.
- South American / Brazil experience is essential.
- A strong skillset and demonstrated experience in the use of the latest technology and software for 3-dimensional modelling and targeting, including GoCad.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written in English and Spanish and/or Portuguese.
- Professional and enthusiastic with a positive attitude.
Resumes to be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 4, 2018. Please state “VP Exploration” in the subject line of your email