Field Service Engineer
Field Service Engineer Mining
TOMRA Sorting Solutions is a world leader in optical and electronic sorting equipment. We are a dynamic company with an outstanding product line and customer satisfaction in the sorting industry. Our US operation has 2 excellent opportunities for Field Service Engineers in our mining division based in Lexington, Kentucky and Montreal, Chicago or Denver.
This position is ideal for a self-motivated adventurer, as there will be travel, both domestic and international. The Field Service Engineer will schedule and perform on-site installation, service, and repair of complex mining equipment and will verify and approve the equipment’s operational quality.
Role and Responsibilities
- Field service work includes the commissioning, operation, testing, integration, optimization, maintenance and repair of TOMRA mining equipment
- Predominantly for Mining in Americas, but similar tasks in other TOMRA Sorting business streams may occur
- Travels approximate 180 days/year.
- Supports TOMRA sorter auxiliary mineral processing equipment
- Provides on call technical phone support and field response to equipment and customer issues.
- Provides training of customer maintenance and service personnel
- Is the primary point of contact for the local installation base in Mining for sorters manufactured by TOMRA Sorting
- Ensures the maximum performance of the TOMRA Sorting system in the field to satisfy the customers
- Responsible for an effective field service work in terms of costs and timing
- Offers ideas about improvement possibilities from quality to efficiency and profitability.
- Acts positively and is customer oriented
- Motivated individual who has a passion for Engineering
- Strong communication and facilitation skills with demonstrated ability to present complex technical information and issues in a user-friendly manner
- Excellent technical problem-solving, troubleshooting, and follow-up skills
- Ability to relate to customers, their views and issues, locally and in other countries and cultures
- Socially outgoing and has ability to handle work demand
- French and other languages are a plus.
A Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering field such as Control & Instrumentation, Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering (Light Current) is required.
- > 3 year’s work experience in industrial equipment support role
- Preferred experience in mining environment
- Working knowledge of basic analog and digital circuits, electrical power circuits, PLC circuits
- Working knowledge of basic test equipment such as oscilloscopes and voltmeters
- Knowledge of computer hardware and configurations
- Self-motivation and proven capacity to fully complete tasks
- Must be a team player
- Ability to speak Spanish or French a plus
- A valid driver’s license with a good driving record – no alcohol violations
- Passport or ability to get a passport
- Ability to pass criminal background and drug screen
How to apply?
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information and link to apply:
Please note that the deadline to apply is NOT September 30, 2017 as stated on this web page.