FIELD TECHNICIAN – Kirkland Lake, ON
The Field Services Technician is responsible for providing professional on-site technical and customer service and support to new and existing clients by performing in-house and field installation, repairs and maintenance on all Hard-Line equipment. This position involves frequent travel to work at various sites, both underground and/ or surface.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Installation expertise, calibrating, configuring, testing, maintaining, evaluating and troubleshooting, pre-commissioning
- Commissioning and repair as necessary on remote controls, Tele-operated equipment, including all new technologies developed
- Travel to various locations both locally and internationally
- Help the Research & Development team with the integration of new technologies and equipment
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of equipment and associated equipment
- Provide installation expertise at customer sites as well as conducting pre-installation assistance
- Read and review blueprints, plans, specifications and other documentation to prepare for start-up or service
- Build customer relationship in a professional manner through solution-oriented communications and service
- Assist in manufacturing or engineering with customer projects, as well as unit refurbishment or replacement at the customer site or the HARD-LINE manufacturing facility
- Provide technical support to other Field Service Specialist in the field Complete accurate time records, technical reports, failure reports, etc.
- Stay current with industry, customer, product developments and technical best practices
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed and instructed by management.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Technical certification or Diploma in electronics, electrical field or other relevant field
- 3 to 5 years’ relevant field experience
- Valid passport and driver’s license for travel
- Experience working in an ISO 9001 environment would be considered an asset
- Ability to read and interpret equipment schematics
- Ability to work on short notice varied shift schedules and to travel as required
- Ability to work underground is required
- Above average knowledge of computer software (Word, Excel, AutoCAD, etc.)
- Flexible, self-motivated and driven to achieve customer satisfaction goals and targets
- Must be a positive team member
Working Conditions & Physical Demands
- Must be able to work on surface or underground and may be exposed to harsh work environments
- Use of personal protective equipment, including steel toe boots, safety glasses etc.
Click on link to apply: https://www.hard-line.com/career-opportunities/field-technician-3/