Fixed Plant and Mobile Maintenance Manager – Northwest Territories
Fixed Plant and Mobile Maintenance Manager
- Be part of a global mining organization with a strong focus on safety
- Work with an exceptional team of operations and maintenance people
- Contribute to the success of Rio Tinto by applying your Managerial expertise
About the role
We are looking for a Fixed Plant and Mobile Maintenance Manager to be responsible for leading a team of superintendents in providing leadership and technical input to manage the complete life cycle of assets. This role is a great opportunity to manage team competence, site based changes a suitable organisational culture that supports and adapts effective assets management strategy.
The incumbent will be reporting to the General Manager, Asset Management, and the role will be located in Lac de Gras. The working schedule will be a 4 days on (Monday to Thursday / 3 days off rotation).
Main responsibilities will be:
- Demonstrate visible safety leadership by ensuring policies, procedures and standards are followed and measures are taken to correct non compliance
- Manage maintenance team by providing a strong and effective leadership
- Demonstrate technical expertise in maintenance area
- Ensure core assets management processes and practices are being applied
- Identify opportunities to optimize and rationalize assets
- Assess and manage risk over asset life cycle
- Define the strategies for the renewal or disposal of assets
- Identify, promote, and support improvement projects delivering sustainable value across the assets.
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- Bachelor in Engineering (mechanical, electrical,)
- 10+ years’ work strong experience in maintenance area
- A technical background in maintenance , and relevant post graduate qualifications
- Strong, demonstrated commitment to safety
- Knowledge of all aspects of asset management processes is key to succeed in this role
- Previous experience working with heavy mobile equipment
- Ability to influence, negotiate, and resolve conflicts to reach consensus and common goals
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to manage change
- Highly effective organizational, time management and analytical skills
- Mature approach to issues and strong decision making
Experience working in a cross-cultural environment, coupled with knowledge of the unique challenges and opportunities presented to those living in the North, are assets. Hiring priority will be given to qualified applicants who are beneficiaries of the DDMI Participation Agreement Groups and to qualified applicants residing in the Northwest Territories and Nunavut Territories. Members must clearly identify their status on the online job application and resume if they wish to receive priority consideration.
Where you will be working
Located in the Northwest Territories of Canada, the Diavik Diamond Mine is a producer of gem-quality diamonds. At Diavik, a strong focus is placed on protecting the local environment, as well as supporting communities through employment and education.
We offer an attractive remuneration package including a range of Rio Tinto benefits, as well as the sought after opportunity to develop and expand upon your knowledge and experience with a world leader in the industry.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminum and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore, coal and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You’ll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
So if this sounds like you and the opportunity you are looking for, apply now.
If you are looking for change, a new career and would like to work for a successful global organization, join us today.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
Closing Date: April 4th, 2019
Applications: www.riotinto.com/careers Ref. RITM2946434