Cigar Lake, SK
POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the general foreman, maintenance, you will be responsible for direct supervision of mechanical, welder, pipefitter tradespersons and the reliability lubrication technicians. You will ensure safe work practices are followed and assist with setting department objectives. You will also assist in the planning and scheduling of work, and conduct inspections. You will be responsible for troubleshooting any potential problems, while identifying employee-training requirements.
Education and Qualifications
Requirements of the position:
- Grade 12 diploma or GED
- Interprovincial Journeyperson Industrial Mechanic certification
- Minimum of eight years of experience in a mining environment
- Equivalent combination of education and work experience considered
- Previous supervisory experience
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Ability to gain Saskatchewan Supervisory certification
- Excellent communications skills, along with an ability to motivate, develop and lead a highly technical team
- Exposure to a maintenance management system and the Microsoft Office suite
- Work underground and/or on surface
- Work a rotational schedule and commute to site by aircraft
- Maintenance experience with underground mobile mining, jet boring, mine dewatering, crushing / grinding, mine hoist systems and slurry hoisting equipment
- Saskatchewan Supervisory certification
- Previous SAP experience
Preference will be given to Residents of Saskatchewan’s North.
- competitive pay
- superior benefits
- employee share ownership plan for all employees
- Live Better wellness program
Cameco values diversity. In keeping with this principle and our employment equity goals, we particularly encourage qualified applicants from the designated equity groups to apply.
To explore this career opportunity, please visit www.camecocareers.com. Deadline for applications is December 8, 2017. Please quote competition number 28547.