Cigar Lake, SK
POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Working with Cigar Lake’s mine geology group, your responsibilities will include diamond drill core logging, management and storage of diamond drill core, radiometric probing, directional oversight for drilling, underground mapping, computerized data management and data QA/QC.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Requirements of the position:
- Geological technician certificate or diploma
- One or more years of relevant work experience
- Equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience may be considered
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, excellent computer skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Ability and willingness to perform manual labour, including heavy lifting, as required for this position
- Valid class 5 driver’s licence
- Safety-oriented work attitude
- Work a rotational schedule, including night shift, and commute to site by aircraft
- Previous experience with exploration or in a mine geology work environment
- Experience working underground
- competitive pay
- superior benefits
- employee share ownership plan for all employees
- Live Better wellness program
Cameco values diversity. In keeping with this principle and our employment equity goals, we particularly encourage qualified applicants from the designated equity groups to apply.
To explore this career opportunity, please visit www.camecocareers.com. Deadline for applications is October 19, 2018. Please quote competition number 31185.