Geologist – GIS
Western Atlas Resources, a company focused on the acquisition and development of precious metals mining projects and scalable deposits in premier mining jurisdiction is looking for a Geologist GIS on a full-time basis.
The GIS is an integral member of the corporate Geology team and will report directly to the Company’s VP of Exploration and to the Senior Geologist.
The GIS will be responsible for implementing the Company’s exploration database system, importing and checking assay results, as well as real-time database quality assurance and quality control (QAQC). The GIS will provide support to the company’s corporate geology team.
The candidate will have experience with using and managing geological data/ databases (samples; drillholes; assays; etc.), experience using ArcGIS software is essential; data entry; QA/QC of data; geology; map making; data integration; use of ArcMap; MapInfo and AutoCAD or comparables; digitizing; geological data collection; interpolating geophysical data; data analysis; communication skills; and report writing ability.
The candidate must be willing to travel to the Company’s project site in Meadowbank and Committee Bay in Nunavut, Canada where the GIS will be working directly with our team of mining professionals. Lodging at site will be provided in Baker Lake. When at site the shifts will be on a 3:1 basis (3 weeks at site and a week out).
Responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
• Develop and maintain exploration database for upcoming and on-going sampling and drill programs;
• Develop and assist with administration of an integrated an exploration database that can be used to generate daily, weekly and monthly production reports;
• Importing and checking assay results from different exploration and mine-related programs;
• Ensure that quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC) measures are implemented throughout exploration and drilling and/or exploration sampling processes (including data validation), and that data quality is of the highest standard;
• Monitor and evaluate geological and analytical data quality on an ongoing basis;
• Communicating and educating the Geology team members as to database protocols, QA/QC, and security;
• Perform other related duties as required to support the successful exploration program of the Company’ projects.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Geology; Earth Sciences;
• 2+ years of relevant experience;
• Proven experience in managing data flow, including ability to assess data quality and ensure database integrity – Skilled in data interpretation and correlation;
• Demonstrate excellent work ethic, communication and strong planning and organizational skills;
• Commitment to teamwork and collaboration;
Previous experience in precious metal geology exploration will be an asset.
• Only candidates who are legally permitted to work in Canada will be considered.
• This position will require successful completion of background reference checks as well as education and credentials verification.
The role requires strong commitment to the Company and its team and the highest levels of professionalism. The successful candidate will have close attention to detail, strong communication skills, be highly organized, and have the ability to manage multiple shifting priorities.
This role has the potential for growth and career advancement at the proposed Projects as well as at other potential projects the Company may add to its portfolio of business.
Position will require seasonal travelling to the Meadowbank and/or Committee Bay sites, Nunavut, Canada (please see shifts details under the Job Description).
English. Additionally, knowledge of Spanish is considered a plus.
Extremely attractive package is being offered including benefits and options to the right driven individual.
In return, you can expect to:
• Play a major role in the forming of multi million-dollar Mining Company;
• Work closely with a Board and Management team of seasoned and extensively successful natural resources professionals and top league financiers;
• Join a team of extremely determined people whose focus is the successful development of the Company and its current and future projects.
If you are interested in this opportunity, email email@example.com outlining your qualifications and background.