New Gold is a Canadian intermediate gold mining company listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) and the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE MKT) under the symbol NGD. At New Gold, our values drive every decision and action we take:
- Integrity: Do what’s right
- Creativity: Lead with innovation
- Commitment: Deliver
- Develop our employees: Commitment to personal development
- Teamwork: Leverage our collective skills
New Gold is committed to ensuring that all Applicants are able to participate equally in relation to New Gold’s recruitment, assessment and selection materials and processes. New Gold encourages all Applicants with disabilities to let their New Gold recruitment contact know if they require accommodation during the recruitment process. For more information on New Gold’s compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, please visit our website at
Do you want to be part of the development and start-up of one of Canada’s premier mining operations? We are looking for dynamic individuals to join our team and live in our community as we pursue this exciting project. The Rainy River Project, located 65 km northwest of Fort Frances, ON, contemplates a combined open pit and underground mine, processing 21,000 tonnes per day.
A competitive salary, performance bonus plan, and benefits, will be provided.
Reporting to the Chief Engineer, the Geotechnical Engineer will be based at the Rainy River Project Site and provide technical expertise to support the development of the open pit mining operation. The schedule is Monday to Friday.
The Geotechnical Engineer’s key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide practical approaches and cost effective solutions
- Be adept at a variety of investigations, stabilization and mitigation strategies for unstable slopes and soils in a wet environment
- Work as a team member within the Engineering department
- Ability to develop appropriate work scope, schedule and budget for a variety of civil, construction and geotechnical solutions.
- Perform investigations and evaluations to develop design recommendations and assist in the preparation of design plans and specifications.
- Investigation and laboratory testing programs, shallow and deep foundation analyses, slope stability analysis, subgrade evaluations, soil and hard rock cut slope designs, preparation of geotechnical engineering reports, task / project management, and the preparation of technical and price proposals.
- Experience in hard rock environment would be preferred
- Other duties and responsibilities to support the successful development of the Rainy River Gold Project.
- Minimum of 5 years’ of experience as geotechnical engineer in open pit.
- Possess strong computer, verbal and written skills
- Experience reviewing of geotechnical designs for major structures such as tunnels, shafts, bridges and viaducts
- foundations, reinforced and unreinforced earth embankments, lateral support of deep excavations
- Underground and hard rock experience will be an asset.
- Work in a team environment to meet deadlines
- Positive attitude and commitment to safety
- Communicates effectively
Emo, ON, Canada
Please Note: THIS IS NOT A CAMP JOB. APPLICANTS MUST RELOCATE TO THE RAINY RIVER DISTRICT.
To apply, please visit our careers page at: