Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic (2020-4744)
The Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic is to perform repairs as required by shop work orders and preventive maintenance to diesel, electrical, hydraulic and air operated equipment. This includes mobile equipment, hoists, compressors, drills, small tools and miscellaneous equipment of a similar nature.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform mechanical repairs according to requirement in shop Work Orders.
- Must be able to comprehend written and verbal instructions as required to perform their duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Must be able to follow proper procedure to ensure safety and to control equipment damage.
- Perform diagnostic testing to identify problems and determine the solution to solve the problem.
- Familiar with underground Mobile equipment Braking regulations//testing and adjusting such components.
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components or systems.
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturer specifications.
- Keep detailed and accurate maintenance reports and documentation.
- Travel to field sites for repair and maintenance.
- Maintain working knowledge of changes in technology and repair techniques.
- Adhere to workplace safety policies, quality standards, operating procedures, regulations and compliances.
- Train and mentor new employees and/or apprentices.
- The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum High School Diploma with Trade Certificate.
- 2-5 years’ experience in Heavy Duty mobile equipment applications.
- Experience in mining plants and equipment considered an asset.
- Knowledgeable with Hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Knowledgeable about hoisting systems an asset.
- Knowledge of electrical systems.
- Ability to read and understand Hydraulic and Electrical schematics.
- Ability to use and understand Engine/Powertrain Diagnostic Software, both handheld and computer based.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills, both verbal and written.
- Extensive technical/mechanical knowledge of heavy equipment as related to mining.
- Knowledge of applicable legislation, regulations.
- High level of attention to detail, neatness and accuracy.
Redpath Canada Limited is committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance so that we can arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.