Heavy Duty Mechanic
Teck is hiring individuals in the role of: Heavy Duty Mechanic
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Diagnose, maintain and repair of mobile mining equipment including haulage trucks, graders, bulldozers, excavators, shovels, loaders and other heavy equipment. Maintenance and repairs may include: engines, transmissions, cooling systems, air systems, fuel and exhaust systems, clutch and differentials, brakes and tires, hydraulic and electrical systems and lubrication systems
- Valid Interprovincial Red Seal Journeyperson’s Heavy Duty Mechanic or Heavy Duty Technician Qualification
- Valid driver’s license
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Previous mining experience is an asset
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2017, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the eighth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
To Apply Visit: