Heavy Duty Mechanics-Grande Cache Alberta
CTS Coal (see https://cstcoal.ca) located 20 km North on Highway 40, in Grande Cache has seven full time and permanent vacancies for heavy duty mechanics.
- Perform planned and breakdown maintenance/repairs/installations to mobile and ancillary equipment in an open-pit mining facility.
- Troubleshoot and resolve mechanical/electrical problems and conduct work within planned time frames without compromising the integrity of any equipment or facility.
- Enter reports on maintenance, repairs, and diagnoses into the maintenance database prior to the end of each shift, providing sufficient detail for others to understand the work that has been completed.
- Keep work areas clean and free of safety hazards on a continuous basis.
- Contribute to safety and productivity by constructively participating in safety meetings, and incident investigations
- Types of Equipment are, but not limited to Shovels (hydraulic/electric) Haul Trucks, Dozers, Graders, Loaders, Fuel Trucks and mining shovels
Has a Canadian Red Seal of Certificate of Qualification as heavy duty mechanic OR be found eligible to challenge the Heavy Duty examination (which will require 6 years and 9000 hour of experience as Heavy Duty Equipment Technician)
Must pass Provincial Certificate of Qualification within 12 month of arrival
Fluency in English is required
Wages and Benefits
- 7 and 7, 12 hour day /night rotation.
- No camp available, you are be required to hold residence, on some level, in the town of Grande Cache for the duration of your work rotation.
- $43.36 per hour
- $1.10 per hour night shift premium
- $450.00 per year for boot/clothing allowance. ($17.31 bi weekly taxable, benefit)
- $1,1440.00 per year tool allowance ($44.00 bi-weekly, taxable benefit)
- $600.00 per month Trades Allowance ($300.00 bi weekly, taxable benefit)
- $500.00 per month Living Allowance ($250.00 bi weekly, taxable benefit)
- Medical benefits on the 1st of the month following your start date.
- 6% RSP Match program.
- Relocation reimbursement of $5000.00 payable once the employee maintains their own permanent residence in Grande Cache within 1 year of employee start date.
- Reimbursement for the actual moving expenses will be forgivable over a 12 month period, commencing on the start date of employment, at 1/12th per month of continued employment with CST Coal. If the employee is terminated by either the employee or CST Coal, the balance of the reimbursement will be owed to the company immediately.
Apply online at https://cstcoal.startdate.ca/#/ upload your resume, include three professional references.