Please login/register to apply for this job.
Hoist Operator Job Description and Duties
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible to conduct and document thorough work place examinations.
- Responsible for the safe operation and care of hoisting machinery to raise and lower cages , skips and miners.
- Responsible for receiving and giving clear communication Written, verbal, bell signals.
- Responsible for inspecting and testing hoisting machinery and completing documentation of inspections and testing.
- Moves levers and pedals to operate hoist in response to arm, bell, or buzzer signals.
- Observes dial indicator and marks on cable or drum to ascertain that desired position has been reached
- Applies hand or foot brake and moves levers to operate hoist controls.
- Inspects, lubricates, and adjusts brakes and equipment.
- Assist in emergency response communications.
- Monitor cameras, gas detection equipment.
- Other Duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Must be able to
- Pass a Hoist operators Exam and present a Hoist operators Physical Fitness Certificate
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds infrequently
- Sitting at hoist station 90% of the time
- Reaching to pull levers frequently from sitting and Standing position (50%)
- Bending and stooping frequently from sitting and standing position (50%)
- Climb Stairs frequently.
- Climb ladders in frequently
- Day, Swing Graveyard and Night shifts 8, 10 and 12 hour shifts or as assigned by supervisor.
- Overtime as required by supervisor.
- Subject to Call out and Holiday work as directed by supervisor.
403 total views, 11 today Print Job