Cigar Lake, SK
Position and Responsibilities
Cameco is looking for a motivated individual to join the maintenance team at the world’s second largest high grade uranium deposit, located at the Cigar Lake operation in northern Saskatchewan.
You will be responsible for the installation, maintenance, and repair of all mechanical equipment on site. This will include repairs to equipment on surface and underground, as well as troubleshooting equipment failures and documenting repairs.
Education and Qualifications
Requirements of the position:
- Both a valid Saskatchewan or interprovincial journeyperson industrial mechanic certificate and journeyperson machinist certificate
- Five years related experience as an industrial mechanic in a mine, mill or industrial setting
- Five years related experience as a machinist in repair and manufacture of industrial equipment
- Team player with good communication skills
- Excellent safety record
- Work a rotational schedule and commute to site by aircraft
- Proficient in align boring.
- Proficient in stick or MIG welding processes.
- Precision machine laser alignment skills.
- Familiarity with computerized maintenance tracking using SAP
Preference will be given to Residents of Saskatchewan’s North.
Safety is a top priority at Cameco. Successful candidates for all positions at safety-sensitive sites or in safety-sensitive positions must take and pass a substance test (which includes marijuana testing) as a condition of employment. Marijuana remains in a user’s system for about 30 days, so applicants who recently used marijuana recreationally should not expect to pass a substance test.
- competitive pay
- superior benefits
- employee share ownership plan for all employees
- Live Better wellness program
Cameco values diversity. In keeping with this principle and our employment equity goals, we particularly encourage qualified applicants from the designated equity groups to apply.
To explore this career opportunity, please visit www.camecocareers.com. Deadline for applications is October 1, 2020. Please quote competition number 32710.