Journeyperson Welder (2 Positions)
Cigar Lake, SK
POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Cameco is looking for a motivated individual to join the maintenance team at the world’s second largest high grade uranium deposit, located at the Cigar Lake operation in northern Saskatchewan.
You will be responsible for the fabrication and repair of equipment components, pressure piping and vessels, as well as the installation and repair of structural steel. You will be required to work on surface and underground while working independently. You will also be required to read and follow engineered drawings and assist with other work as required.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Requirements of the position:
- Valid Saskatchewan or interprovincial journeyperson welder ticket
- Valid B pressure ticket
- Five years related experience in an industrial, mill or underground mine environment
- Overhead crane certification
- MIG and TIG welding experience
- Excellent safety record
- Work a rotational schedule and commute to site by aircraft
- Familiar with computerized maintenance tracking using SAP
Safety is a top priority at Cameco. Successful candidates for all safety sensitive positions must pass a substance test as a condition of employment.
- competitive pay
- superior benefits
- employee share ownership plan for all employees
- Live Better wellness program
Cameco values diversity. In keeping with this principle and our employment equity goals, we particularly encourage qualified applicants from the designated equity groups to apply.
To explore this career opportunity, please visit www.camecocareers.com. Deadline for applications is August 18, 2017. Please quote competition number 27266.