Jumbo Operator – Expression of Interest (2021-4796)
Location: Ontario and British Columbia, Canada
Rotation: To be determined, subject to COVID-19 traveling
Shift Length: 11 - 12 hours shifts
Travel: Flight provided from point of hire to job site
Accommodation: Camp setting
Compensation: Redpath offers a comprehensive wage and benefit package. Remuneration will be based on performance, i.e. safety and productivity.
Closing Date: February 26, 2021
Redpath Canada Limited is looking for operators with extensive experience at drilling, scaling, meshing and bolting rounds using jumbos equipped with twin telescopic slides. This technique was initially developed in Australia and is now widely used in many countries. The successful candidates will demonstrate superior skills, dexterity and safety awareness.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Primary face drilling and scaling, drilling and bolting of inclines, declines, drifts and mass excavations.
- Identify and remedy misfires.
- Conduct pre start checks of equipment and drill site.
- Read and follow driving layouts and ground support instructions.
- Ensure that the work is carried out through adherence to specifications, schedules and standards.
- Familiar with hard rock mining techniques
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience on Sandvik Jumbo is essential
- Computerized jumbo drilling/TCAD experience an asset
- 5 years or more experience with operating Jumbo Drill in UG mining environment
- Hard Rock Underground Common Core – Full Basic (or other provincial equivalent)
Required Specialty Modules: U0089, U0092 an asset
- Demonstrated ability to read mine plans and specifications for underground mining.
- Ability to multi task and work effectively
- Ability to work efficiently as part of a team as well as independently
- Must have the ability to adapt to change
- Good communication skills
Health and Safety:
- Follow Company and Client health and safety standards and report all unsafe acts or conditions to supervisor
- Responsible to ensure proper use and maintenance of personal protective equipment
- Work in accordance with local legislation
- Actively participate in continuous improvement initiatives
- Drug test
- Criminal Background Check