Jumbo Operator – Musselwhite M & H (2017-2728)
Location Musselwhite, Ontario
Rotation 14 days on, 14 days off
Shift Length 11 hours
Travel Flight from airport closest to point of hire to Thunder Bay – Chartered flight to site
Accommodations Camp setting
Pre-employment requirements Drug test, Ontario Common Core Module U0089 or FMTM equivalent
Compensation Redpath Canada Limited offers a comprehensive wage and benefit package
- Full Basic Underground Hard Rock Mine Services, plus U0089
- Drug test
- Criminal background check
The primary role of a Jumbo Operator is to set up and operate a single or multiple boom jumbo, to drill and blast in a safe manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Visually inspect, sound, scale and wash down work area, check for bootlegs and missholes, flags lifters, adds or repairs vent tubing.
- Assess ground conditions at the face and implement ground control according to site requirements
- Extend grade and centre line, mark face for drilling and circle bootlegs, maintain hanging wall and foot wall control in junction with geologist.
- Capable of jackleg and/or stopper drilling as needed.
- Determine location, spacing, depth and inclination of holes.
- Perform minor repairs, such as changing striker bars, couplings, water tubes and hose clamps.
- Complete daily log books on equipment and submit written and verbal reports to supervisor.
- Load, prime, time, connect and test blasting circuit.
- Place guards at all entrances to the blast, blast according to project standards and remove guards after blasting.
- Maintain working area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
Must be able to comprehend written and verbal instructions as required to perform his duties in a safe and efficient manner
Must be able to follow proper procedure to ensure safety and to control equipment damage
The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
Health and Safety:
Having the authority and responsibility to maintain a safe and efficient working environment
Following Company health and safety standards and reporting any unsafe acts or conditions to Supervisor
Responsible for the use and maintenance of all safety equipment, i.e. Lanyards, warning signs and labeling, according to company rules and applicable legislation.
Responsible to ensure proper use and maintenance of personal protective equipment.
Must have knowledge of the WHMIS legislation and know how to effectively use an MSDS sheet.
5 years or more experience with Jumbo Drill machine in mining field
Demonstrated ability to read mine plans and specifications for underground mining.
Ability to multi task and work effectively
Ability to work efficiently as part of a team as well as independently