Western Atlas Resources, a company focused on the acquisition and development of precious metals mining projects and scalable deposits in premier mining jurisdiction is looking for a Junior Geologist.
Reporting to the VP of Exploration, the Junior Geologist will contribute to the planning and execution of the exploration program as well as the development of the geological and mineral system for the Meadowbank and Committee Bay area Projects (the ”Projects”). This role requires the candidate, among others, to demonstrate geological knowledge and additional awareness of all government and corporate regulations and policies. This role has the potential for growth and career advancement at the proposed Projects as well as at other potential projects the Company may add to its portfolio of business.
The candidate must be willing to travel to the Company’s project site in Meadowbank and Committee Bay in Nunavut, Canada where the Geo will be working directly with our team of mining professionals. Lodging at site will be provided in Baker Lake. When at site the shifts will be on a 3:1 basis (3 weeks at site and a week out).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Conduct mapping and surface geochemical sampling programs, including regolith and outcrop mapping, and rock chip, soil and stream sediment sampling;
• Supervision of the drilling and exploration program (and other contractors), to ensure its efficient a safe development;
• Assist contractors during geophysical field survey programs;
• Prepare sample submission to assay laboratories, track and receive assay results;
• Data entry of geological logs and spatial data with regard to quality control and validation and quality control of all exploration data to ensure a robust exploration database;
• Extraction, manipulation and plotting of data on plans and sections using exploration and mining software to visualize and present exploration results;
• Contribute to weekly deliverables and interpretation of geological, assay and geophysical data.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Geology or equivalent;
• Prior work experience at a mining/exploration operation highly regarded;
• Demonstrate excellent work ethic, communication & organizational skills;
• Ability to work outdoors in all conditions;
• Able to work in camp setting;
• Able to work day shift or night shifts.
Position will be seasonally based at the Meadowbank and/or Committee Bay sites, Nunavut, Canada.
English. Additionally, knowledge of Spanish is considered a plus.
Extremely attractive package is being offered including benefits and options to the right driven individual.
In return, you can expect to:
• Play a major role in the forming of multi million-dollar Mining Company;
• Work closely with a Board and Management team of seasoned and extensively successful natural resources professionals and top league financiers;
• Join a team of extremely determined people whose focus is the successful development of the Company and its current and future projects.
If you are interested in this opportunity, email email@example.com outlining your qualifications and background.