Lab Supervisor, Analytical Laboratory Testing Services- Trail, BC, Canada
Reporting to the Analytical Services Superintendent, the lab Supervisor is accountable for managing staff and facilities to meet the metallurgical testing requirements of Teck’s Trail Operations.
The Analytical Services group (40 employees) provides testing services for approximately 150,000 samples per year on a 24/7/365 basis to meet several needs: process control, environmental monitoring, hygiene monitoring, research and development, concentrate purchasing and metal sales.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures.
- Reviewing, prioritizing and delivering testing services to customers in a timely manner
- Scheduling of employees to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Arranging for, validating and documenting employee training.
- Implementing systems to ensure employee safety.
- Supporting the laboratory’s ISO17025 Quality Assurance program.
- Managing facilities, including maintenance.
- Mentoring employees for positions of greater responsibility.
- Communicating and implementing of Teck and Government standards and regulations as they apply to Teck Metals’ employees.
- Sc. Chemistry or Chemical Sciences Diploma
- Supervisory experience is an asset.
- Strong commitment towards safety, hygiene and environmental policies. Experience specific to laboratory safety systems and practices is preferred.
- Laboratory quality management systems.
- Inorganic chemistry, sampling, and statistics as applied to analytical chemistry.
- Instrumentation as applies to a metallurgical assaying laboratory.
- Familiar with laboratory Standard Operating Procedures.
- Collective Agreements.
- Facilities management.
- Organizing resources and personnel.
- LIMS and purchasing systems.
- Highly motivated individual who thrives on new challenges, is willing to learn new processes, and has demonstrated a strong work ethic.
- Organized in planning work yet flexible in coping with frequent non-routine situations.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal and team building skills.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK. Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.