This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Lead Electrician (Certified) – Canadian Royalties (2017-2427)
Job DescriptionJ.S. Redpath Limited is currently seeking 1 Certified/Red Seal Experience Mining Construction Electrician Leaders who is ambitious and can work independently. Project: Canadian Royalties International Location: Nunavik Nickel Mine, Northern Quebec (100km south of Deception Bay, 1800km north of Montréal), Canada Rotation: 3 weeks on - 3 weeks off
Shift Length: 12 hours Travel: Employee is responsible for travel to Chartered flight either Val d'Or or Montreal Accommodation: Isolated Camp - permafrost conditions Compensation: J.S. Redpath Limited offers comprehensive benefits
- FMTM (Formation Modulaire du Québec) or Underground Hard Rock Mining Common Core (Ontario)
- Permis Général d’Explosifs or able to obtain one as soon as possible
- Drug test
- Shops, warehouse, sub-level
- Troubleshoot and repair ventilation fans
- Lighting and electric/hydraulic equipment
- Phone systems and all mine communication systems
- PLC and other advanced or automation systems
- High Voltage and Low Voltage Power and control systems
- Trolley haulage system
- Assist and carry out repairs and maintenance to all underground sub-station;
- Fabricate when required electrical panels and other necessary Installation of electrical cables
- Installation of electrical apparatus
- Must be able to work independently
- Must be able to comprehend written and verbal instructions as required to perform his duties in a safe and efficient manner
- Must be capable of reading & understanding electrical drawings
- Must be capable of reading and interpreting basic electrical instruments and testers
- Perform safely and timely emergency repairs to equipment
- Must be able to follow proper procedure to ensure safety and to control equipment damage
- Must have skills to help train new employees, apprentices, etc., in the area on day to day operations plus and on the procedures for operating electrical test, maintenance and installation equipment not requiring third party approvals.
- Must be able to communicate written and verbal instructions to subordinates
- The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive
- Experience in planning, installation of low, medium, and high voltage installation and repairs
- Electrical trades certificate of competence
- Having the authority and responsibility to maintain a safe and efficient working environment
- Following Company health and safety standards and reporting any unsafe acts or conditions to Supervisor
- Responsible for the use and maintenance of all safety equipment, i.e. Lanyards, warning signs and labeling, according to company rules and applicable legislation.
- Responsible to ensure proper use and maintenance of personal protective equipment.
- Must have knowledge of the WHMIS legislation and know how to effectively use an MSDS sheet.
52 total views, 1 today Print Job