This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Lead Mechanic – Canadian Royalties – Quebec (2017-2434)
Job DescriptionProject: Canadian Royalties International Location: Nunavik Nickel Mine, Northern Quebec (100km south of Deception Bay, 1800km north of Montréal), Canada Rotation: 3 weeks on - 3 weeks off Shift Length: 12 hours Travel: Employee is responsible for travel to Chartered flight either Val d'Or or Montreal Accommodation: Isolated Camp - permafrost conditions Compensation: J.S. Redpath Limited offers comprehensive benefits
- FMTM (Formation Modulaire du Québec) or Underground Hard Rock Mining Common Core (Ontario)
- Permis Général d’Explosifs or able to obtain one as soon as possible
- Drug Test
- Read blue print
- 3 years maintenance and repairs to underground mining equipment ( MTI Jumbo, MacLean Bolters, CAT1700 Loaders, 30 Tone trucks, remote scoop)
- Journeyman Certification
- Knowledge of mining industry
- Must be able to comprehend written and verbal instructions as required to perform his duties in a safe and efficient manner
- Must be able to follow proper procedure to ensure safety and to control equipment damage
- Perform diagnostic testing to identify problems and determine the solution to solve the problem.
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components or systems.
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturer specifications.
- Comply with all Redpath and Owners safety regulations and procedures.
- Identify unsafe conditions in underground headings - high level of alertness required.
- Train and mentor new employees and/or apprentices.
- The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive
- Having the authority and responsibility to maintain a safe and efficient working environment
- Following Company health and safety standards and reporting any unsafe acts or conditions to Supervisor
- Responsible for the use of all safety equipment, i.e.Lanyards, warning signs and labeling, according to company rules and applicable legislation.
- Responsible to ensure proper use of personal protective equipment.
- Must have knowledge of the WHMIS legislation and know how to effectively use an MSDS sheet.
179 total views, 1 today Print Job