Lead Mechanic – Cochenour – RedLake, ON (2017-2433)
Location: RedLake, Ontario
Rotation: 3 weeks on - 3 weeks off
Shift Length: 12 hours (Averaging hours site)
Travel: Provided from airport closest to point of hire
Accommodation: Camp Setting
Compensation: J.S. Redpath Limited offers comprehensive benefits
- Underground Hard Rock Mining Common Core (Ontario)
- Drug test
- Read blue print
- 3 years maintenance and repairs to underground mining equipment ( Tamrock Jumbo, Atlas Copco Jumbo, MacLean Bolters, CAT1600G Loaders, CAT AD30 Tone trucks, remote scoop)
- Journeyman Certification
- Knowledge of mining industry
- Must be able to comprehend written and verbal instructions as required to perform his duties in a safe and efficient manner
- Must be able to follow proper procedure to ensure safety and to control equipment damage
- Perform diagnostic testing to identify problems and determine the solution to solve the problem.
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components or systems.
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturer specifications.
- Comply with all Redpath and Owners safety regulations and procedures.
- Identify unsafe conditions in underground headings - high level of alertness required.
- Train and mentor new employees and/or apprentices.
- The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive
- Having the authority and responsibility to maintain a safe and efficient working environment
- Following Company health and safety standards and reporting any unsafe acts or conditions to Supervisor
- Responsible for the use of all safety equipment, i.e.Lanyards, warning signs and labeling, according to company rules and applicable legislation.
- Responsible to ensure proper use of personal protective equipment.
- Must have knowledge of the WHMIS legislation and know how to effectively use an MSDS sheet.