Lead Mechanic – Musselwhite – Thunder Bay, ON (2017-2413)
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario
Rotation: 2 weeks on - 2 weeks off
Shift Length: 11 hours (Averaging hours site)
Travel: Provided from airport closest to point of hire
Accommodation: Camp Setting
Compensation: J.S. Redpath Limited offers comprehensive benefits
- Underground Hard Rock Mining Common Core (Ontario) or FMTM (Formation Modulaire du Québec)
- Drug test
- Criminal Background check
The primary role of the Mechanic is to perform preventive maintenance and repairs to diesel, electrical, hydraulic and air operated equipment. This includes mobile equipment, drills, small tools and miscellaneous equipment of a similar nature. Candidate must be experienced with reading blue print and maintaining: MTI Jumbo, MacLean Bolters, CAT1700 Loaders, 30 Tone trucks, remote scoop.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Read blue print
- 3 years maintenance and repairs to underground mining equipment ( MTI Jumbo, MacLean Bolters, CAT1700 Loaders, 30 Tone trucks, remote scoop)
- Journeyman Certification
- Knowledge of mining industry
Duties and Responsibilities
- Must be able to comprehend written and verbal instructions as required to perform his duties in a safe and efficient manner
- Must be able to follow proper procedure to ensure safety and to control equipment damage
- Perform diagnostic testing to identify problems and determine the solution to solve the problem.
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components or systems.
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturer specifications.
- Comply with all Redpath and Owners safety regulations and procedures.
- Identify unsafe conditions in underground headings - high level of alertness required.
- Train and mentor new employees and/or apprentices.
- The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive
Health and Safety:
Having the authority and responsibility to maintain a safe and efficient working environment
Following Company health and safety standards and reporting any unsafe acts or conditions to Supervisor
Responsible for the use of all safety equipment, i.e.Lanyards, warning signs and labeling, according to company rules and applicable legislation.
Responsible to ensure proper use of personal protective equipment.
Must have knowledge of the WHMIS legislation and know how to effectively use an MSDS sheet.