To deliver a quality product as per customer specifications, in a safe cost effective manner, while complying with Boart Longyear’s operational performance targets, safety initiatives, and company policies and procedures.
The Stopemate, Driller is responsible for the set-up, operation and maintenance of the Boart Longyear Stopemate drill that conducts underground drilling services for various customers. The driller is primarily responsible for adding and removing rods onto a drill string for the drill; the driller operates the machine to produce holes for the customer for various purposes including service holes and blasting holes in order to create stopes. The driller is also responsible for moving the drill to new site locations. The driller will also conduct inspections, and clean and maintain the drill and other equipment to ensure all equipment is in optimal production condition.
- Underground Drill Site Set-Up.
- Scaling and Pre-Operation Inspection.
- Inserting/Pulling Rods.
- Underground Drill/Take-down/Move/Maintenance.
- Be physically fit for work.
- Work under instructions of a supervisor or Division manager. Daily routine work is accomplished with more or less direction depending on the competency level.
- Perform without supervision tasks for which competency has been assessed and perform other required tasks under supervision. Apply Boart Longyear standard work procedures.
- Monitor a safe workplace, maintain workplace safety and apply risk management processes for elimination of work related injuries, damage to equipment and incident-related lost time.
- Identify and minimize environmental hazards.
- Run on-site operations, implement operational plan and develop work priorities.
- Set up and prepare for daily drilling operations.
- Conduct drilling using sound drilling practices and techniques.
- Address customer needs.
- Carry out operational maintenance.
- Maintain accurate operating records, including daily drill reports and inventory logs.
- Contribute to and establish effective workplace relationships.
- Provide training through instruction and demonstration of work skills, coaching and mentoring to other field employees.
- Actively pursue competency assigned in training plan.
- Respond to problems.