Redpath Mongolia LLC has an opening for a Machinist to join their dynamic team at the Oyu Tolgoi Project in Mongolia. The site is situated in Southern Mongolia in the heart of the Gobi Desert flatlands.
Closing: February 5, 2021
Location: Oyu Tolgoi
Rotation: 4 weeks on, 2 weeks off *Due to current Covid-19 travel restrictions, the rotation may be amended. Once covid-19 travel restrictions are eased, you will return to the above roster. Current rotation estimate is 140 days: 3 weeks of quarantine on entry to Mongolia; 11 weeks of work at 14 days on 3 days off; 2 weeks of quarantine when returning to home country; 4 weeks off.
Shift Length: 12 hours
Compensation: Redpath offers a comprehensive wage and benefit package
Travel: Flights provided from point of hire to job site
Conditions of Employment: Successful completion of pre-employment medical and substance abuse test
Accommodations: Camp setting
Operate machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, shapers and etc. Review electronic or written blueprints or specifications for a job. Calculate where to cut or bore. Shape different types of materials.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a culture of Safety and Health above all else along with a strong environmental responsibility.
- Ability to transfer knowledge to national maintenance workforce.
- Machine parts to specifications using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, and etc.
- Maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures.
- Establish standard work procedures for machine tools.
Health, Safety & Environment
- Having the authority and responsibility to maintain a safe and efficient working environment.
- Follow Company and Oyu Tolgoi’s site health and safety standards and report any unsafe acts or conditions.
- Responsible to ensure the proper use and maintenance of Personal Protective Equipment.
- Comply with Oyu Tolgoi’s Critical Risk Management (CRM) requirements.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Trade qualified Machinist
- Minimum 5 years of mining experience
- Exceptional machinist skills from a mining background including friction winches.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Extensive experience with line boring of heavy underground equipment.
- Ability to manage equipment backlog regimes.
- Understanding equipment reliability and availability requirements and implications.
- Solid ability to plan and organize safely a crew of Service technicians to complete designated tasks.