Cigar Lake, SK
Position and Responsibilities
Reporting to the general foreman, maintenance, you will be responsible for supervising mechanical, welder, pipefitter and or plumbing tradespersons, ensuring safe work practices are followed and help set department objectives. You will assist in the planning and scheduling of work, conducting work inspections and troubleshoot any potential problems, while identifying employee-training requirements.
Education and Qualifications
Requirements of the position:
- Grade 12 diploma or GED
- Interprovincial Journeyperson Heavy Duty Mechanic certification
- Minimum of eight years of experience in a mining environment
- Equivalent combination of education and work experience considered
- Previous supervisory experience
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Ability to gain Saskatchewan Supervisory certification
- Excellent communications skills, along with an ability to motivate, develop and lead a highly technical team
- Exposure to a maintenance management system and the Microsoft Office suite
- Work underground and/or on surface
- Work a rotational schedule and commute to site by aircraft
- Maintenance experience with heavy equipment, underground mining equipment and truck / transport.
- Saskatchewan Supervisors certification
- Previous SAP experience
Preference will be given to Residents of Saskatchewan’s North.
The Cigar Lake operation is located in northern Saskatchewan and operates on two week on/two week off rotational schedule. Employees commute to the site by aircraft from designated locations in Saskatchewan.
- competitive pay
- superior benefits
- employee share ownership plan for all employees
- Live Better wellness program
Cameco values diversity. In keeping with this principle and our employment equity goals, we particularly encourage qualified applicants from the designated equity groups to apply.
To explore this career opportunity, please visit www.camecocareers.com. Deadline for applications is October 3, 2017. Please quote competition number 27245.