Manager, AHS Operations Support
SMS EQUIPMENT INC.
Position title: Manager, AHS Operations Support
Vacancies: 1 position
Under the direction of the Senior Manager, AHS, the Manager, AHS Operations Support is responsible and accountable for promoting, leading, developing, and managing Autonomous Haulage Systems (AHS) deployments, and supplying direction and operational support to the AHS site teams. Working closely with branch operations and the OEM/ DB Integrated Support Team, the incumbent is responsible for the full program development and implementation of AHS systems. The Manager, AHS Operations Support is also responsible for the administration of contractual obligations set out through Joint Work Plans with the customer and the OEM Representatives. Working very closely with the customer, OEM representatives, the supporting branch and site support team to ensure site activities support the safe and efficient delivery of the AHS program.
- Responsible for leading all deployment planning and execution activities related to the full implementation of the Autonomous Haulage Systems, at new sites.
- Collaborates with the supporting Branch management, SMS Corporate AHS Management, Modular Mining Systems, Komatsu Limited and Komatsu America, to support business objectives and maximize productivity.
- Collaborates with the customer in a consultative engagement model to ensure policy adherence and the safe operations of the AHT, while assisting the customer to reach their internal KPl’s and Performance goals.
- Promotes a performance driven and positive labour/ employee relations climate by promoting teamwork, leading by example and fostering a climate in which individual are molded to positive, high performance contributors in the team environment.
- Build and Promote activities that will result in an effective working relationship with both union (if applicable) and non-union employees.
- Assists the customer with a regulatory approval plan and process.
- Act as liaison between the region, remanufacturing centers, OEM & suppliers, etc.
- Possess a certificate or diploma in related area.
- Must be a seasoned equipment specialist with a minimum of 5 years of autonomous mining operation and training experience in providing AHS operational and technical support to the customer.
- Must have previously led or been heavily involved in AHS system deployment at a new site.
- Have a minimum of 10 years of experience within the mining industry with a strong technical background, complemented by a strong operational orientation.
- Have at least 2 years experience managing a technical services team focused on FrontRunner® support providing value assurance and optimisation at the site.
- The work requires a sound understanding of leadership, management of operations, mining industry & maintenance practices, as well as knowledge of equipment & parts distribution.
- The ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer services and entrepreneurship is essential to success in this role.
- Ability to learn new technologies and apply best practices and solutions to new problems or when dealing with issues in uncharted territory.
- Must possess good judgment, be able to consistently make intelligent decisions under pressure, a positive attitude, and be dependable.
- Ability to set objectives which are realistic but aggressive.
- Demonstrates strength and competence in impacting and influencing for resources and outcomes (i.e. budgets, people, and technology) and finding “win-win” solutions.
- Stewards revenues and/ or expenses in accordance with budgets; estimates future possibilities, manages revenue/ expense controls, and provides informed analyses.
- Effectively utilizes the skills of subordinates to accomplish work objectives; provides a degree of motivation, supervision, support and accessibility that is tailored to the subordinates’ level of maturity and ability.
- Identifies and evaluates unique opportunities for improving the site operations (i.e. sales, products, cost reductions, use of resources, policies/ procedures); generating new ideas, approaches or techniques having useful application.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential to succeed in this role
- This position requires a strong understanding of mining operations combined with industry certifications (FrontRunner® qualifications).
- Exceptional Knowledge of Autonomous Haulage control systems. Acquires and retains further knowledge/understanding through study, instruction or experience.
- Must have strong computer skills and be able to demonstrate proficiency in software applications as required in the performance of job responsibilities (Microsoft office, FrontRunner® and Dispatch™ are the key programs).
- Language requirement: Able to fluently speak and read English is required.
Salary range: CAD $165,000 to $170,000 annually
Other incentives/benefits: Health & Dental insurance, Disability insurance, Group Insurance Benefits, Life Insurance Benefits, Vehicle supplied, housing allowance, Company matched RRSP benefits, Vision Care Benefits, a minimum of 3 week’s paid Vacation as per the company’s vacation policy and Discretionary Bonus of up to 20%.
Terms of employment: Permanent, full time position for 40 hours per week. Overtime may be required.
Job Location: 11285 274 Street, Acheson, AB. Frequent travel across Canada to support business needs
Business address: 11285 274 Street, Acheson, Alberta T7X 6P9
Contact Information: Kate Granger, 780-948-2200, firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply at smsequipment.com. https://recruiting.ultipro.ca/SMS5000/JobBoard/dccf001c-2a74-6f6d-db34-5fea10a37eec/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=5b201131-3a30-4231-a22b-606f3aa9e3ee