Geoscience BC is seeking a Professional Geoscientist with a strong background in British Columbia geology and project management experience related to mineral exploration and development or public geoscience to join our team in the new full-time position of Manager, Minerals.
ABOUT GEOSCIENCE BC
Based in Vancouver, Geoscience BC is an independent, not for profit organization that generates and distributes public earth science research about British Columbia’s minerals, energy and water resources that advances knowledge, informs responsible development, encourages investment and stimulates innovation. Geoscience BC’s vision is to be a leading partner and provider of credible and relevant earth science research and data in British Columbia.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Manager, Minerals will play a key role in achieving Geoscience BC’s mineral-related strategic objectives as set out in the 5-year Strategic Plan and implementing Geoscience BC’s Scientific Project Plan. Geoscience BC’s Strategic Plan 2018-2022 is available for download here: http://cdn.geosciencebc.com/pdf/Geocience-BC-StrategicPlan-2018-2022.pdf
The Manager, Minerals will:
- report directly to the President & CEO and provide technical support to the Vice President, Minerals and the Executive Vice President & Chief Scientific Officer;
- support the technical development, implementation, and management of Geoscience BC’s minerals-related research projects and initiatives; and
- support senior staff in facilitating the work of the volunteer-based Minerals Technical Advisory Committee.
The Manager, Minerals should:
- have a minimum of an undergraduate degree in earth science and a minimum of five years of relevant experience related to mineral exploration and development or public geoscience;
- be eligible for professional registration with Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia;
- be technically conversant in all aspects of mineral (may include coal and industrial minerals) resources in British Columbia, from prospecting and exploration to mineral resource development and extraction;
- have project management experience and a demonstrated ability to complete technical projects efficiently, effectively and on-budget;
- have excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to convey complex technical and scientific concepts in simple language; and
- have an ability to work collaboratively with volunteers and staff colleagues, facilitate large group meetings and engage with people from industries, businesses, communities, First Nations and all levels of government.
Geoscience BC is offering a competitive salary and benefits package for this exciting career opportunity to be Manager, Minerals. Qualified candidates should email their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00 pm (Pacific Time Zone) on February 28, 2019.
Thank you to everyone who applies. We will review applications as they are received and will only contact those selected for interviews. Geoscience BC does not accept resumes from search firms or employment agencies.