Mechanic Certified – Northern Ontario (2017-2683)
Location Kirkland Lake
Rotation 28 days on, 14 days off
Shift Length 10 hours
Travel Provided by Redpath
Accommodations 50.00/day worked living allowance
Pre-employment requirements Drug test, Full Basic Ontario Common Core Module or FMTM equivalent
Compensation Redpath Canada Limited offers a comprehensive wage and benefit package
- Basic Underground Hard Rock Mine Services
- Drug test
The primary role of the Mechanic is to perform preventive maintenance and repairs to diesel, electrical, hydraulic and air operated equipment. This includes mobile equipment hoists, compressors, drills, small tools and miscellaneous equipment of a similar nature.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to follow proper procedure to ensure safety and to control equipment damage
- Must be able to comprehend written and verbal instructions as required to perform his duties in a safe and efficient manner
- Perform diagnostic testing to identify problems and determine the solution to solve the problem
- Familiar with underground Mobile equipment Braking regulations//testing and adjusting such components.
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components or systems.
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturer specifications.
- Comply with all Redpath and Owners safety regulations and procedures.
- Identify unsafe conditions in underground headings - high level of alertness required
- Train and mentor new employees and/or apprentices.
- The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive
Health and Safety:
- Having the authority and responsibility to maintain a safe and efficient working environment
- Following Company health and safety standards and reporting any unsafe acts or conditions to Supervisor
- Responsible for the use and maintenance of all safety equipment, i.e. Lanyards, warning signs and labeling, according to company rules and applicable legislation.
- Responsible to ensure proper use and maintenance of personal protective equipment.
- Must have knowledge of the WHMIS legislation and know how to effectively use an MSDS sheet.
• Minimum of 5 years underground mechanical experience
• Maintenance experience on: stopper drill, jack leg drill, maclean bolter, Cat scooptram and haulage truck, Atlas Copco 2 boom Jumbo
• Strong Organizational skills.
• Welding experience would be an asset.