POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Senior Mine Engineer, you will be responsible for carrying out assignments and projects in support of production schedules. This will include providing expertise in drill/blast, long hole stope design and optimization. You will be responsible for reconciliation of drill/blast and stope design and production reporting. Working closely with operating and technical groups you will support optimum utilization of resources.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Requirements of the position:
- Bachelor’s degree in geological, geotechnical or mine engineering
- At least four years of experience in underground mining
- You must be eligible for registration with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan (APEGS)
- Work a rotational schedule and commute to site by aircraft
- A proven track record of being able to deliver results, meet targets and achieve objectives
- Experience with conventional long hole stoping in weak rock masses
Strong communication and computer skills
Preference will be given to Residents of Saskatchewan’s North.
- competitive pay
- superior benefits
- employee share ownership plan for all employees
- Live Better wellness program
Cameco values diversity. In keeping with this principle and our employment equity goals, we particularly encourage qualified applicants from the designated equity groups to apply.
To explore this career opportunity, please visit www.camecocareers.com. Deadline for applications is January 27, 2017. Please quote competition number 25385.