In this role, you will have managerial responsibility and accountability for operations, engineering, geology, environmental and safety at one of our underground mines. Overall, this role will be responsibility for the coordination of all the related support activities for the mine site.
This is a role for a senior mining professional with a blend of operations and project management credentials, as well as highly developed leadership skills. Candidates will be assessed against the following critical credentials:
- Ensures that the safety strategy is maintained as a core value of the operations
- Executes business strategy at optimal cost and productivity, without compromising long term growth, i.e. reserves
- Manages P&L and evaluates options for increased profitability and improving mine performance
- Leads the development of the mine’s strategic plan and annual operating business plan
- Leads the strategic plan for the continued development and growth of the mine
- Prioritizes resources for optimal utilization
- Drives a culture of cost efficiency and continuous improvement in all areas
- Oversees the development and implementation of the annual operating budget and quarterly forecasts for the mine site
- Ensures a business case for capital projects, managing benefits vs costs
- Tracks relevant operational performance metrics and processes
- Maintains a hands-on approach to the management of the operations team
- A track record of safety leadership
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mining Engineering is preferably, and post graduate study would be considered favorably
- 10 years mine operations experience (including underground mine experience)
- Familiarity with bulk and narrow vein underground gold deposits
- Experience in leading a dynamic team, successfully meeting safety and production targets, while managing all stakeholder requirements
- Solid understanding of budgeting and financial planning
- Good problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document. Please mark email subject "Mine Manager".