Cigar Lake, SK
POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Cameco is looking for a motivated and ambitious individual to join our mine engineering team at the world’s second largest high grade uranium deposit, located at the Cigar Lake operation in northern Saskatchewan.
As a mine technician you will be responsible for conducting underground development and surface surveys. You will also be responsible for concrete, shotcrete and other inspections to ensure underground construction is completed as per specifications.
In addition, you will assist with preparation, review and updating of drawings. You will also be responsible for collecting ventilation and geotechnical data as required.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Requirements of the position:
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
- Mine technician or geomatics diploma or certificate or equivalent
- Three or more years relevant experience
- Experience working in an underground mining facility and with underground surveying
- Equivalent combination of education and work experience considered
- Work a rotational schedule and commute to site by aircraft
- Mine ventilation experience
Applicants will be considered for a level within the job progression, which is appropriate to their qualifications. Preference will be given to Residents of Saskatchewan’s North.
- competitive pay
- superior benefits
- employee share ownership plan for all employees
- Live Better wellness program
Cameco values diversity. In keeping with this principle and our employment equity goals, we particularly encourage qualified applicants from the designated equity groups to apply.
To explore this career opportunity, please visit www.camecocareers.com. Deadline for applications is October 22, 2018. Please quote competition number 31385.