Mining Services Manager – British Columbia
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, industrial and forestry industries that maximizes value for customers through innovative solutions. With a full line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels and a global service network, we help customers safely and sustainably optimize their operations. Our Komatsu, P&H, Joy, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC and Gigaphoton equipment and services are used to extract fundamental minerals and develop modern infrastructure.
Komatsu International Canada Inc (KICI), a division of Komatsu American Corporation (KAC), has a vacancy for a full time and permanent Mining Services Manager to operate out of locations; 1785 Versatile Dr, Kamloops BC V1S 1C5, and 1 Intata Rd, Elkford BC V0B 1H0.
Key Job Responsibilities
- To manage customer acceptance of KICI manufactured machines sold to customers in an assigned territory to ensure that KICI servicing agent (local distributor or Komatsu regional affiliate or subsidiary) is able to meet each of the performance related provisions in the sales contracts executed between KICI or the servicing agent and these customers.
- Train servicing agent as required to follow through on remaining contract obligations. Monitor contract performance and manage corrective actions to close any shortfalls in performance.
- Coordinate project start-up with customer and servicing agent after sale is complete. Manage assembly, commissioning and delivery of machines to customers in line with contract delivery terms.
- Structure support terms for the sale of new machines in the market (delivery terms, up time and operating cost guarantees, etc).
- Serve as mediator to resolve any disputes between the customer and servicing agent. Execute policy settlements (outside warranty) on behalf of KICI.
- Conduct scheduled meetings with customers to manage product acceptance through continuous improvement using Komatsu’s JoiFUL process.
- Support servicing agent with diagnosing and resolving technical problems on machines.
- Compile reports to document quality issues on the machines in the market on an ongoing basis for KAC factory engineering review. Coordinate field investigations or testing required by KAC.
- Coordinate the implementation of any post and pre-delivery KICI factory updates to the machines with the servicing agent and the customer.
- Manage training plans to improve KICI machine support capability levels for the servicing agent personnel. Conduct ongoing training courses for the servicing agent and the customer on machine systems (VHMS, PLM, GE Control, Siemens Control, Interface Module, etc.) and on KICI Service systems (Warranty, CSS Portal, SMAP, etc.)
Wages and Benefits
- CAD110 000 per annum
- Supplementary benefits
- Defined contribution benefits plan where KICI make 4% of annual salary contribution and KICI will match 50%
- 10 days annual leave
- Qualified technician, technologist or engineer in mechanical or electrical fields. BEng degree preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Komatsu haul trucks and their systems
- Previous experience in client service role within mining haul trucks
- Successful service management experience within haul trucks
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective communicator
- Must demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to demonstrate technical details/facts
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and general PC applications
- Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to have ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit various locations, the ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and manipulate (life, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10-50 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read application information. The employee frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear