Mining Survey Technician
Position: Mine Survey Technician
Competition ID: 2020MiningTech
TULLOCH Engineering is a progressive consulting firm that provides engineering, land surveying, environmental and mapping services. We employ over 350 professionals working from fourteen offices throughout Canada. The TULLOCH team is made up of individuals who love a challenge and are willing to go to remote work environments to get the job done. If you are looking to try something new, consider joining our great team!
The team at TULLOCH offers services to private and government sector clients throughout Ontario and across Canada. We provide a full range of traditional survey construction services as well as construction monitoring, construction administration, precision layout, and high definition 3D laser scanning. We are innovative in our approach and whenever possible utilize emerging technologies to improve both the efficiency and quality of deliverables to our clients.
We are currently looking for Mining Surveying Technicians (surface and underground) to join our team. It is anticipated the duration of the contract will last one year and willbegin as soon as the successful candidates are found. There is a possibility that this contract could be extended, and a fulltime position may become available at the end of the contract. The successful candidates will provide underground surveying technician support on a mining project and be required to work a client driven rotation.
- Construction layouts for anchor bolt locations, grid lines, formwork, concrete piers, and footings in a surface and underground environment
- Surveying and checking for column plumbness with a total station during structural steel erection in an underground environment
- Perform routine check surveys to ensure precision and accuracy are maintained in mine survey data, control points, and survey stations are properly tied in
- Establish new survey control as required
- Assist with creating red line mark ups during construction
- Conduct routine survey reporting for underground construction and rehab
- Other such duties as may be assigned
- A college diploma from a Civil Engineering, Mining Technician, or Survey Technician program or minimum 5 years underground surveying experience / civil construction experience;
- Proficient with mine engineering programs such Mine Cad Software, AutoCAD, Total Station, and MOSS;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment;
- Full Basic Underground Common Core
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License; and,
- Willingness to travel
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, or those needing job postings in an alternate format, please advise Human Resources when contacted for an interview.
Thank you to all applicants for their interest. Only those candidates shortlisted for the position will be contacted.
“We want to build an organization where everyone loves their job and their leaders care for them”
Resumes should be sent to the Human Resources Department; submit online at www.tulloch.ca. Please reference Competition ID: 2020MiningTech on your application. Thank you to all applicants for their interest. Only those candidates shortlisted for the position will be contacted. Please indicate your legal eligibility to work in Canada in your application.