Government of Yukon -> Energy, Mines & Resources – Major Mines
Salary: $83,775 – $97,214 per annum
Closing date: October 5, 2020
This is a full-time indeterminate position, working 75 hours bi-weekly.
Note: Government of Yukon does not participate in the 2020 Yukon Immigration Pilot Program. Applicants must be authorized to work in Canada prior to applying.
Job Summary and Requirements
At Energy, Mines and Resources, we are committed to a healthy and sustainable resource sector, managed in partnership with Yukoners. We embrace a work environment where problem-solving, creativity, teamwork, risk management and personal effort result in the attainment of our goals and those of our clients. The Mineral Resources Branch regulates exploration and mining activity. As a Mining Technologist, you will help build a competitive and sustainable mining industry in Yukon while protecting Yukon government from environmental liabilities of mine reclamation and closure.
Reporting to the Chief Mine Engineer, you will conduct comprehensive technical and regulatory reviews of mining plans for projects, and develop policies and guidelines to improve the quartz mining regulatory regime in Yukon.
For more information, please contact Todd Powell, Director, Mineral Resources at (867) 667-3126 or email Todd.Powell@gov.yk.ca.
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications. Please note selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume.
- Diploma or higher in engineering, mineral resources extraction or regulation, earth sciences, mine development or a related field
- Experience analyzing, researching and preparing technical reviews and/or reports
- Experience working with legislation, regulations and/or policies including the requirements under the Umbrella Final Agreement and Yukon First Nation Agreements
- Experience working cooperatively as team lead or as part of a team within the construction or mining industry and governments to support project development
- Experience in engagement with Yukon First Nation governments, public and the mining industry
Knowledge, Skills & Suitability:
We are looking for an individual who can demonstrate the following abilities:
- Utilize excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, both written and oral
- Organize work and deliver results within deadlines
- Provide clear and workable recommendations
- Adapt to changing work demands
- Present findings to a range of stakeholders
Learn more about us!
Yukon government has been selected as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers since 2014!
To learn more about why the Yukon government is recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, please see the following link:
To learn more about what Yukon has to offer, check out these links: http://www.employment.gov.yk.ca/yukon_life.html
We are the Yukon public service. Every day, we come together to serve the people who live here, and to make a difference in so many ways—from simple to extraordinary and everything in between. Here, you will find the diverse opportunities you desire to develop your career while enjoying a warm sense of community and vibrant artistic, cultural and recreational amenities, all set in a spectacular natural environment.
To apply for the position of Mining Technologist, and for full details on the requirements of the role, please visit: https://yukon.ca/en/employment.
"Committed to Employment Equity"