Navada – Shaft Technician (2020-4153)
Project: Nevada Copper – Pumpkin Hollow
Location: Yerington, Nevada, USA
- Not finalized yet, assumed even, (2 on / 2 off or 3 on / 3 off).
Shift Length: 12 hrs
Accommodations: $58 per day worked plus travel expenses
Compensation: J.S. Redpath Corporation offers comprehensive benefits
The primary role of the Shaft Technician is to provide the necessary survey control for the construction and development of all facilities, infrastructure, and excavations, both on the surface and underground, and update all as built drawings within this area of responsibility.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to comprehend written and verbal instructions as required to perform his duties in a safe and efficient manner
- Ensure all systems and procedures are in place for safe, productive, and a high quality work
- Install and maintain control points for all project construction including but not limited to: surface facilities and services, and underground shaft, services, and infrastructure
- Provide updated as built and planning drawings to required parties, as required
- Liaise with project supervision and management, as well as contractors and client, to coordinate day to day survey requirements
- Track all necessary engineering and construction data, and deliver reports on regular intervals, as assigned
- Provide support to project management team as required
- Provide information to the construction crews on a regular basis
- Receive daily survey requirements from supervisor
- Supervision of testing to ensure Quality of Product i.e. Shotcrete testing, Pull-tests, Concrete sampling, Bolt counts, etc.
- Ensure that Drawings and Mine Planning as requested by the Engineering Manager is timely and is accurate
- Complete any tasks, assignments, or requests of the Engineering Manager
- The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Mining/Survey/Engineering Technician Diploma (2 years or greater required) or equivalent experience
- 3-5 year's experience in underground operating mine sites is preferred.
- Shaft steel installation experience (preferred)
- Proficiency with AutoCad, or alternate drafting/mining software.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to multi task and work effectively
- Ability to work efficiently as part of a team as well as independently
- Previous surveying experience
- Knowledge and experience of Auto CAD would be considered an asset
- Ability to work as part of a project planning team
- Underground Mining experience would be an asset
- Ability to a regular shift rotation schedule
Health and Safety:
- Follow Company and Client health and safety standards and report all unsafe acts or conditions to supervisor
- Responsible for proper use and maintenance of personal protective equipment.
- Work in accordance with local legislation
- Pre-employment drug testing and physical
- Current underground 40 hour MSHA training preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S