North Mine – Jumbo Operator (2020-4666)
Project : North Mine
Location : Sudbury, ON
Rotation : 5 days on, 4 days off - 4 day on, 5 days off
Shift Length : 10 hours
Travel : Not Provided
Accommodations : N/A
Compensation Redpath Canada Limited offers a comprehensive wage and benefit package
The primary role of a Jumbo Operator is to set up and operate a single or multiple boom jumbo, to drill and blast in a safe manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Visually inspect, sound, scale and wash down work area, check for bootlegs and missholes, flags lifters, adds or repairs vent tubing.
- Assess ground conditions at the face and implement ground control according to site requirements
- Extend grade and center line, mark face for drilling and circle bootlegs, maintain hanging wall and foot wall control in junction with geologist.
- Capable of jackleg and/or stopper drilling as needed.
- Determine location, spacing, depth and inclination of holes.
- Perform minor repairs, such as changing striker bars, couplings, water tubes and hose clamps.
- Complete daily log books on equipment and submit written and verbal reports to supervisor.
- Load, prime, time, connect and test blasting circuit.
- Place guards at all entrances to the blast, blast according to project standards and remove guards after blasting.
- Maintain working area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
Must be able to comprehend written and verbal instructions as required to perform his duties in a safe and efficient manner
Must be able to follow proper procedure to ensure safety and to control equipment damage
The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
Knowledge/ Skills Required:
Ontario Basic Hard rock Common Core
5 years or more experience with Jumbo Drill machine in mining field
Demonstrated ability to read mine plans and specifications for underground mining.
Ability to multi task and work effectively
Ability to work efficiently as part of a team as well as independently
Health and Safety:
Having the authority and responsibility to maintain a safe and efficient working environment
Following Company health and safety standards and reporting any unsafe acts or conditions to Supervisor
Responsible to ensure proper use and maintenance of personal protective equipment.
- Drug Test